Saturday, October 16, 2010

French Village Fair

Today it's wet, cold - hailing in fact. Miserable spring weather, almost a return to the depths of winter. After a week of the heating being off, jumpers and jackets left at home; we are back to needing scarves and slippers.

Hopefully it's just a momentary glitch in our Spring plans, as I was really enjoying that sunny, blue skies weather...

This time last weekend we were basking in the sunshine at our school French Village Fair. This fair is a huge deal for our school, only coming along every two years. This year, I took on the auspicious title of Decorations Co-ordinator. I am still not entirely sure what this means, but I took it that it was my job to make things pretty!

I thought I would share some a shot or two with you of the day. I had made a tonne of tissue paper pom poms to hang from the main marquee, but didn't end up taking any photo's - doh!!



I loved the way the families all get into the spirit of the day by dressing in red, white and blue stripes. So chic!



The merchadise was great - so much to choose from. Le Pyjamerie was so much fun - a stall dedicated to handmade pyjama's and all things sleep... they also sold some great slippers, shower caps and covered coat hangers in funky fabrics.  The mums at our school are super talented!!

{If you look closely at the above photo, you will see a red iPad cover, on the front left, which I couldn't resist buying - fits my iPad perfectly!}


 We also had co-ordinating table cloths, a tonne of handmade bunting, matching signage and LOTS of helium balloons (also forgot to take any photo's of these, but trust me, they were there!)




There were also lots of little details that the stall holders put in themselves - my favourite would have to be the giant Eiffel Tower covered in Gingerbread men at Le Gateaux stall... or was it the giant cupcakes decorating the La Petite Gateaux stand...?




A big thank you goes to the lovely Esha at Flourish Floral for filling all my little milk bottles with beautiful posies to put on 'le cafe' tables!


I will leave you with a final shot of me and my girl

It was a fantastic day and I was so proud of all the parents who have put their hearts and souls into making the day a success over the past few months. Being a preppy parent, I didn't really understand the level of work that goes into such a day, but the benefits (both financial and maybe more importantly for the general school community spirit) outweigh all the stress and drama.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend,


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...