Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inspired Suppliers - Pinwheels and Pearls

We have loved sharing all our gorgeous Inspired Suppliers with you all over the past few weeks. Tonight we wrap up the series with the delightful Kate from Pinwheels and Pearls. You can catch up on the rest of them here.

Kate's work has long inspired me, in fact, her ribbon wand was one of the first things that I purchased from a facebook retailer. It's still one of my daughters favourite things, even featuring in our recent family photo shoot with Kim Selby Photography.


Now that I have given these ribbon wands to all my daughters friends, we were thrilled to be able to offer them to our lovely customers via our shop.

Thanks so much for being a part of our blog Kate!


Who? Tell us a bit about yourself...


My name is Kate and live in the beautiful Bayside Brisbane with my husband and two beautiful children, Lila, 3 and Max, 1.  I am a chocoholic and a lover of all things beautiful, colourful and whimsical!

What inspired you to start your own business?

I have always been passionate about simple, battery free, creative and imaginative play.  A ribbon wand found it's way into our home three years ago, and soon after became my daughter's most played with toy in the house. After trying to find more to give as gifts but had no success in my search...I figured with some of my own creativity, I could make them myself!!  Pinwheels and Pearls was launched nearly a year ago, and since it's start, I have been creating wands nonstop!

Beer, wine, bubbles or soft drink?

Definitely champagne!  In my world, bubbles make everything better...pure fun, giggles and happiness in every glass!

What inspires you?

Ohh I love inspiration so very much. I am always inspired...bold bright colours, rich textures, delicate fabrics.. I’m inspired by random things, my gorgeous children, beautiful spring flowers, the changing seasons, a trip to the zoo, books that I read to my children.  Blogs and facebook keep me up-to-date with party trends and the enormous talent of other Australian stay-at-home mums amazes me every single day!! 

What is your greatest indulgence?

Max Brenner: cinnamon chocolate babka...oops did I just have 4 in the last fortnight?!  I eat it layer by layer, unfurling it slowly and rationing the little pot of chocolate so every mouthful has a bit of babka, a bit of chocolate...:drool:  p.s. I'm not in the least bit addicted to Max Brenner!

What difference has being in business for yourself made in your life?

I started Pinwheels and Pearls while at home with my children, to see if I could grow a business from creating.  My designs are a celebration of colour and whimsy, two things which make me very happy!  It is really important to me to be able to take the children to kindy and pick them up afterwards and to be there to hear about their day.  I love the fact I can create while having my children around me and love that I can share my work with others. To make children smile makes my heart flutter!!

Email - pinwheelsandpearls@bigpond.com
Web - www.madeit.com.au/pinwheelsandpearls
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pinwheelsandpearls

This is the last of our Inspired Series - but we are super excited to be continuing to share our Inspired By series with you all next Thursday!

The Inspired Occasion





































P.S. - If you have a spare minute, we would love it if you were able to vote for us in the AusMumpreneurs Awards... 

How to vote:


1.       Become a member of www.connect2mums.com.au (free to join)
3.       Follow the above links and then simply click 'Like' beneath the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...