Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vintage Barbie

If you have daughters and your house is anything like mine, a large proportion of toy space is dedicated to Barbie, and her friends, and her accessories, and her cars, and her ponies... the list goes on! There is only so much pink Barbie plastic you can have in one house before it takes over and you have an urge to throw it all away!!

However, when I saw this party by Evelyn and posted on the Birthday Girl blog, my love of Barbie was re-kindled.


The pink and black colour theme brings a chic and elegant look to this Vintage Barbie party. The cake features a real Barbie! The use of the buffet is inspired as well, I love using things that are already in the home to create a perfect event space.







The theme was carried through from the invites, to the place settings, to the take home goodie bags.







The birthday girl wore a matching top finished off with a fantastic tutu/petticoat skirt - I can just imagine her twirling around!

Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did. Can't wait for my daughters next birthday and hope she will allow me to throw one of these for her!

The Inspired Occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...