The Inspired Occasion just can't believe how crazy people are over our Macarons. They are by far the most popular baked items on our edible list and make a great addition to any function. Not only do they taste amazing but we can also colour match to any theme.
Its hard to believe that 4 simple ingredients can create something this mouth-watering, and believe me it’s very difficult to just stop at one
- Almond Meal
- Egg Whites
- Iccing Sugar
- Caster Sugar
Although Macarons use only 4 ingredients they are certainly not a quick whip together recipe, they require total concentration without distraction!! Because of this we tend to bake our macarons at night when we are less likely to be distracted by the pitter patter of little feet
Because of their popularity you will find lots of new products on the market to help you make perfect macarons, from special baking trays, silicone mats, powdered egg whites and ground almond meal. However we have found that just sticking to the basics and using a few everyday appliances such a a mix master, fine sieve, piping bag, spatular and metal bowls you too can create beautiful mouth-watering macarons without unnecessary expense.
Top 10 tips from The Inspired Occasion
- Always use old egg that are at room temperature
- Never try to make macarons on a hot or humid day
- Process, Process, Process your almond meal and icing sugar through the blender prior to sieving
- We use a teaspoon of egg white powder in our egg white to aid in stability
- Wipe you electricmixer out with some salt to make sure it is clean and dry for best egg whites
- Lower temperature oven is better than higher we recommend 150degrees
- Macarons hate heat and humidity, if in doubt we always put the air conditioner on.
- Macarons get better with age, wait 24hour once assembled before you eat for best results
- Use good quality chocolate and essence for your fillings
- Once you start you can't stop so make sure you have some time to yourself without distraction.
With vibrant colour like these it’s no wonder they are the trend on many of our dessert/candy stations at the moment, with the ability to colour and flavour match they can be beautifully presents in Glass Jars, on Decorative Platter or Cake Stands to enhance any social function
With our most popular macaron varieties being:
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
However we are getting more and more request for citrus, nut, coffee and liquor flavoured macarons. So if you have a favourite flavour we are able to create a mouthful of mouth watering macaron.
The Inspired Occasion