Thursday, August 16, 2012

Party Feature - Island Themed Candy Station

We were delighted to receive this party submission from Christine at Bitter Sweet Creations.

This beautiful Island themed candy station with a colour pallet of blues, greens & creams was coordinated and organised whilst on holidays oversea.  



Below is Christine's story

"Whilst my husband and I were on recent holidays in Spain, we caught up with family and friends. My husbands cousin surprised us with a special announcement that he and his partner had been married one day before they headed overseas.

His sister contacted me whilst I was on holidays and advised that a welcome back lunch for the newlyweds was being organised and could I put together a candy buffet for them.

I didn't hesitate for a minute and said YES!!

Planning a candy buffet whilst overseas on holidays wasn't the easiest of tasks, but I had an absolute Ball as always planning it. With the party being held only two days after I returned.

As the newlyweds were "island hopping" in Spain an Island themed candy buffet featuring shades of blues, greens & creams was created. Adding shell & frangipani accents throughout the styling of both the candy station and place settings.

My centrepiece was my favourite item to put together on the candy table and didn't come together until the day before.

The centrepiece was created by using an extra large martini glass. This was filled with shells and water.  The addition of adding a piece of cabbage flower which resembled coral completed my favourite item and completed the candy station.

This table was an absolute pleasure to create and I'm so glad the happy couple loved it.

I wish them all the happiness in the world.

Special mention and thanks to Flowers for Everyone - Stocklands Merryland NSW"










The Inspired Occasion

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those crystal serving containers are fabulous! Lovely candy buffet!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...