Over the years we have had many designer coordinated trees full of expensive baubles, ribbons and bows but these days I prefer a more simple tree, a tree that is full of memories, one that is filled with decorations my children have made and one that makes me reflect on the years past.
So today we thought we would run a competition "Best Dressed Christmas Tree"so that we can be inspired by your creations and get to know our readers a little better.
Submission are open now, submit your own Christmas Tree snap shot (max 2 trees per entrant) to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will upload them to the blog and to a Facebook album. At the end of the competition the lovely Louisa from Little Big Company will judge all entries and select what she feels are the 4 most creative and special trees from those submitted.
Whether it’s a designer tree that you slave over every year that looks like something that belongs in a department store, a tree full of popcorn and edible decorations or a tree full of Children's creations and hand me down sentimental decorations. Get your images in NOW!!
This competition is only open to non-professionals and Melbourne readers only
First Prize: Themed and Styled Dessert Station for 20 guests
Second Prize: DIY Complete Dessert Station Party Kit for 20 guests
Third Prize: Edibles Party Pack valued at $150
Fourth Prize: 2 Dozen Cupcakes Values at $84
3 simple steps to go in the running
1. Submit a picture of your Christmas tree (max 2 trees) with a short blurb on the tree theme to email@example.com
2. Make sure to leave your name and contact details in the email.
3. Follow this blog as we upload and announce the winners of this competition (Submissions close New Years Eve December 31st 2012) and winners announced on 10 January 2013 at 7pm (Australian Time)
This competition is only available to our Melbourne blog readers.
Terms and Conditions:
- Due to Facebook terms and condition we can only accept entries via the blog.
- This competition is being hosted on the blog http://
www.theinspiredoccasion.blo gspot.com.au/2012/11/ competition-best-dressed-ch ristmas-tree.html and is no way affiliated, sponsored, endorsed or administered with or by Facebook.
- Entries are open until 31st December 2012 with announcement on 10th January 2013 via the blog and via email as to winners.
- All photo submission are submitted via email and the blog and entrants release facebook for any photos that are showcased here, with the competition and any announcement being run and announced on the blog.
- Please note we are located in Melbourne, Australia, and only those located in Melbourne will be eligible for prizes.
- *Prizes No: 2, 3 & 4 require collection and return (eg: party kit hire items need to be collected and returned, baked items will also need to be collected).
- *Prize No:1, 2, & 3 are limited to the themes on our website shop/hire
- Any entrants who, in the opinion of The Inspired Occasion tamper or interfere with the entry process in any way, or who do not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- All prizes must be taken as stated.
- Prizes are not transferable. divisible or exchangeable and connot be redeemed for cash.
- The Inspired Occasion reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
- The judges result is final and binding and no correspondence will be entereed into.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
The Inspired Occasion
Xmas Tree Submissions Below
|My traditionally themed Christmas Tree. Annette|
|Fletcher Family Tree|
Created by my dad or the kids pa. He is totally colour blind and has no patience but he was extremely proud of his effort and the kids thought it was beautiful. Sometimes simple is best.
|We have a very tiny house that doesn't really permit room for a traditional tree so I purchased some willow and put these little decorations on it. To my surprise, I've had a number of positive comments. I love Christmas.|
|This Tree not only was decorated by my 2 children but also almost each and every decoration is hand crafted, painted or glued my angles. They are so proud off all their decorations. The Patane Family....|
|I take no credit in the decorating of this tree, my two beautiful cheeky little girls loved decorating this tree with their dad!!! Rebecca|
|WINNER FIRST PRIZE|
My Christmas Tree
"A VERY MERRY BRIGHT CHRISTMAS"
Thanks for the competition,
|A little tree for a little house!! There maybe only 2 of us now but we still put up a little something for our grandchildren and Santa may even stop by... Tracey|